Every year each school evaluates where it is at in terms of strengths and weaknesses. This is based on lots of different factors including staffs views of the school, Governors views, the Trusts views and any visitors such as the Local Authority or Ofsted. Once we have evaluated where we are, we then go on to write a School Development Plan for the year which sets of what things we want to develop for the children and families of Westbourne. Here are the 10 aspects we will be focusing on this year as a school.
Quality of education
1. Ensuring the most able reach their full potential.
2. Ensuring that all pupils reach their target for reading and fulfil their potential.
3. Develop schools DT and computing curriculums, ensuring pupils are equipped with the appropriate skills.
Behaviour and attitudes
4. Attendance – continue to engage with families in order to reduce the proportion of pupils persistently absent from school.
5. Build upon the work already started by embedding the new pupil houses
6. Support and empower TLR3 holders (new leaders) to bring about sustainable changes to the school to develop pupils character and cultural capital.
Leadership and management
7. To take further action to reduce the workload of staff
8. Develop the capacity and capability of subject and middle leaders
Quality of education in early years
9. Ensure more pupils reach exceeding in writing in both Nursery and Reception
10. Ensuring that the outdoor provision enhances the offer to the children.