Here are the 6 aspects we will be focusing on this year as a school.
Every year each school evaluates where it is at in terms of strengths and weaknesses. This is based on lots of different factors including staffs views of the school, Governors views, the Trusts views and any visitors such as the Local Authority or Ofsted. Once we have evaluated where we are, we then go on to write a School Development Plan for the year which sets of what things we want to develop for the children and families of Westbourne. In view of teh impact of the Covid pandemic, we are keen to re-establish the key basic skills and habits of our outstanding learners at Westbourne. Here are the 8 aspects we will be focusing on this year as a school.
Quality of education
1. Develop and enhance the quality of teaching and leadership to ensure that pupils, especially those who are SEND and Pupil Premium, recover from their lost learning.
2. Continue to broaden and develop the school’s curriculum offer.
Behaviour and attitudes
3. Reduce the number of pupils who are persistently absent.
4. Develop pupils’ independence and resilience skills whilst reintroducing a broad range of personal development opportunities with a focus on PSHE .
Leadership and management
5. Develop the provision for pupils with SEND, ensuring these pupils make the required progress.
Quality of education in EYFS
6. To embed and share practice of the new EYFS framework and assessment system within school and the wider Trust.